1. Hello, have you changed your nickname on A801 and want to change it here as well? Contact your community minimod about it.
    Dismiss Notice

Conversation Thread

Discussion in 'Anvil God Discussion' started by Ovliexa, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Ovliexa

Ovliexa Shaman

Well. I've been trying to understand if there's something I miss about this issue. As well as I respect all the decisions made here, I respect that the staff members have decided to make not to count conversation thread posts. But there's something I don't still understand: Is it rational when the only "EN" Conversation Thread's posts don't get counted? So, the person which only knows English has less chance of getting message count awards than a Turkish, French or a Romanian speaker.

Mootsoup and Squeekleen like this.
  2. Baeld

Baeld Elisah's Devoted
    Devoted to Elisah (Lv: 1)

The post in the conversation thread do count actually

3. Bisharch

Bisharch Forum Expert

I have never properly checked that whether it counts or not but it might not be counting for real.

4. Ash20395

Ash20395 Forum Expert

Maybe.

5. Spinnando

Spinnando Shaman

I would've thought that when this change happened, it would be the same right across the forum. There were only a small number of EN people posting for the sake of upping their post count, most of the people contributing to the conversation thread did so because they wanted to chat.

Either punish the people that were abusing the EN thread by removing some of their posts, or make the same change right across the forum.

6. Caseyanthony

Caseyanthony Shaman of the Anvil God

can some moderators be fired
    zakryah and i were having a conversation on the portuguese conversation thread and our posts were deleted because a moderator decided that our portuguese was not good enough
    if the situation was reversed so a br would be kicked out of the en conversation thread then there would be so many complaints

7. Haruhitastic

Haruhitastic Cheese Lover

You were using Google Translator, and also were being insulting while doing it. Using a translator to speak in another community is against the rules as it is more or less, gibberish.
    If it's not painfully obvious that it's a translator, it's fine. But Portuguese to English (as long as it makes proper sense) is far different than vice versa. There should be no complaints, so long as the posts come out gibberish.

I do agree that this needs to be across all communities. A precedent has been set by EN and other communities must follow suit. All, or none.

Ovliexa likes this.
  8. Caseyanthony

i am insulted at your insinuation that i was being insulting

9. Squeekleen

Squeekleen Shaman

@mods so what do yall have to say about this

10. Lileaus

Lileaus Forum Expert

wait, the conversation threads in other communities still count towards their post counts? im???
    i agree with the above, it's either make it so the posts don't count in all communities, or make them count in all communities.

11. Haruhitastic

Haruhitastic Cheese Lover

I've studied Portuguese since 2009. I regularly moderated the BR forums when they were still starting to hire sentinels. I know insults when I see them, sorry.

Anomunus likes this.
  12. Caseyanthony

oh well

13. Baeld

Baeld Elisah's Devoted
    Devoted to Elisah (Lv: 1)

Well my post are getting deleted out of uselessness, You also got to admit forum games are on this four too . I should have 100 post but my post are getting deleted out for the reason of being useless or they don't tell you why your post is deleted which is a major flaw to this system.

Ovliexa, Alyyyyyyy and Squeekleen like this.
  14. Prosaza

Prosaza Mito

I did not know that

15. Ovliexa

Ovliexa Shaman

I realized that my post got deleted, too. There is no warning, no profile post and no conversation about my posts. I started a conversation with @Excasr about that and I told about the problem. (S)He turned back to me like "Which post?". Are they kidding with us or they're trying to do something laughing? PLEASE, tell me. Do I have to know which/where/when I shared my posts? Is it wroten in the rules or somewhere?

The deleted post of mine was "This thread could be more sophisticated". What can be wrong with this? Can someone just make a rational explanation about that, please?!

Squeekleen likes this.
  16. Mootsoup

Mootsoup Hard Mode Shaman

clearly both of you werent on cfm prior to this site being made because they didnt notify you then when they delete your posts either or tell you why. your post was deleted because saying a thread could be more sophisticated is pointless as hell to say and barely criticism at all. the flaw on this forum is that they made post count matter towards something and its making people cry when their Actually Useless posts get deleted

Faierey likes this.
  17. Ovliexa

Ovliexa Shaman

Chill out, dude.
    You can't talk like this when you're neither a staff member nor someone knows the entire issue. I mentioned some of the commands (thread was about commands on TFM) and faults about them before I say that "This thread could be more sophisticated."

Just stop behaving like you're talking to your enemy as you do at this post by your attitudes. I'm not going to answer you again, thanks for sharing your opinion.

#17 Ovliexa, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  18. Mootsoup

Mootsoup Hard Mode Shaman

you ignored nearly the entirety of my post so im kind of glad you wont respond again because youll just pick one thing i say and focus on that anyways

19. Ovliexa

Ovliexa Shaman

What's the name of the thing you're doing by sharing that post? You ignored about 100% of my post by the time you were complaining about me cause of the same reason, buddy. Get the hell out of my thread as you don't like the idea and already shared your opinion(s). There's no need to be drama queen.

Thanks for anything you shared, but like I said, I understand what you mean. Your vote is -1 for this suggestion. So go ahaed to leave this thread.

#19 Ovliexa, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  20. Faierey

Faierey Retired Staff ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭

Hello! This is just a reminder to respect each other's opinions on the topic even if you don't agree. Thank you!

Velocimantfm and Ovliexa like this.