1. Hello, have you changed your nickname on A801 and want to change it here as well? Contact your community minimod about it.
    Dismiss Notice

Transformice Give events a break...

Discussion in 'A801 Game Discussions' started by Dboomwooty, Feb 20, 2017.

?

What's your take on this?

1. Yeah, give them a rest.

29 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. Grayzone

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. No, keep 24/7 events.

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. Other (Please reply your thoughts)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dboomwooty

Dboomwooty Professional Mouse

Ok, I know all you event staff work hard on the events. I get it, but seriously. The events are extremely long and follow the next after the next after the next after the next... Not to mention, they don't really have good timing. The Halloween event (Halloween is a ONE DAY THING more then half the players don't even celebrate) was stretched from mid-October to December 2nd... December for crying out loud. I came back to this game in September of 2016, and there has been an event on 24/7... Some for the tiniest things. Christmas was pretty good as an event I admit and so was the back to school thing, but new years was stretched beyond belief. In order to fill that late-January gap, you didn't have to celebrate the whole Chinese new years things for like, 3 weeks. Today, we are stuck with the valentines day event, which is an even smaller deal then Halloween. Personally I wouldn't mind the event if it were just a little box of chocolate's or something you gathered like with the Christmas event and occasionally had a 1 minute map to sell those for something, but not this time... This time, every 10-15 rounds (If that, either way its) you have a 3 minute map. That map is either a crepe map, where you cant easily tell where the ingredients are half the time and you have people constantly asking "Wheres vanilla" "Wheres sugar" "What do I do now" and after a long time you'd eventually complete it, and then have absolutely nothing to do but sit and watch people struggle with the map. The other map has gained much controversy in general, making you kiss random people until you finally find your "partner" and get a small reward from kissing each other. Keep in mind, this is COMPLETELY random, and more then often you get a partner that doesn't cooperate or know whats going on, or a same-sex partner (not trying to be homophobic, but not everyone is gay/lesbian). It looks like these events seem forced 24/7, to be honest. Basically, just give the events a rest.

TL-DR;
    The events have been on constantly and for long, long periods of time, some far off of their celebrated time. Some of the events are complicated and controversial, and what i'd like out of this is some no-event time.

I made a poll so you guys can put your opinions in this:rolleyes:

Ovliexa likes this.
  2. Hallucination

Hallucination Forum Expert

I've been saying for a while that there really needs to be a break in events.
    I'd like to play normal for at least a couple of months without an event, and I'm sure many others do too.

Don't get me wrong, I like the events but there are just too many of them.

Dboomwooty likes this.
  3. Sketchh

Sketchh Beretta 9mm

stale game would die without them

Fangirls likes this.
  4. Ovliexa

Ovliexa Shaman

I'm absolutely agreed with that. There are so many events that we can't even follow and get completed.

If there wouldn't be an event for even a smal deal, Transformice could be better.

#4 Ovliexa, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Dboomwooty likes this.
  5. Dboomwooty

thanks for the support guys, I don't really think this would go in the suggestions section though

6. Creammouse

Creammouse Beretta 9mm

theres a reason they're called "events"... they shouldnt be happening all the time. only on special occasions.

Mootsoup, Xamanix, Trocaddero and 3 others like this.
  7. Haruhitastic

Haruhitastic Cheese Lover

Game's stale with them.

Only time I log in is to play with my SO now. The constant barrage of events is annoying and confusing for new players and the only solution I see is to make it exclusive to one room or something.
    Events are the main reason I quit. Tired of room hoppers and the spam associated with relic hunting.

Dboomwooty and Ovliexa like this.
  8. Lillyla

Lillyla Professional Mouse

thats why theyre called adventures now because admins are too stupid to realize events can get stale

Dboomwooty likes this.
  9. Sketchh

Sketchh Beretta 9mm

yeah i deadass only play the events with my 2 dogs lol whats the point of them

Dboomwooty and Bagelfan like this.
  10. Lillyla

Lillyla Professional Mouse

your dogs are nice players

Dboomwooty and Kenjit like this.
  11. Haruhitastic

Haruhitastic Cheese Lover

I fail to see how your remarks are relevant, I was just stating I don't bother logging in anymore for my own enjoyment?

Dboomwooty likes this.
  12. Fangirls

Fangirls Elisah's Devoted
    Devoted to Elisah (Lv: 1)

i dont think they should get rid of events completely but maybe they should just keep it all in like one room (like vanila, or something) like @Haruhitastic has stated. the game is boring without the events in my opinion but then again i hardly play at all and i'm always in my tribe house. but i can see why it's annoying to constantly have events back to back when you just want to play regular maps without the constant "KISS ME ___" or "WHO HAS A6??!?!?!??!"

Dboomwooty likes this.
  13. Creammouse

Creammouse Beretta 9mm

ive decided i want to expand on this post.
    the reason why i believe they should only be on special occasions is not only because of repetitiveness but also because not having them on 24/7 makes upcoming events more...exciting? even if the event itself doesnt turn out that great, at least there's something to look forward to other than standard gameplay. if you have to rely on 24/7 events to make your game remotely fun, there is clearly a problem that needs to be fixed. and 24/7 events shouldn't be the solution to making your game more fun. if a801 can't find another solution, i do agree with putting it all in one room. that way the people that want to play normally can do that.

Hallucination and Dboomwooty like this.
  14. Splatoon_2

Splatoon_2 Rookie

i wish you could die on the crepe map

Dboomwooty likes this.
  15. Fangirls

Fangirls Elisah's Devoted
    Devoted to Elisah (Lv: 1)

i feel like maps/events like these you HAVE to use a cheat map in order to 100% ace each crepe you make. its tiring having to look back at a bookmarked picture in order to see how to beat something

Hallucination and Dboomwooty like this.
  16. Hallucination

Hallucination Forum Expert

I completely 100% agree with the both of you. Now, there were a couple of events prior to 2014 that did have cheat maps, but it didn't give you the easy way out. You had to work for it, just showed you where to find certain things. I miss the simple events, that were self explanatory (or at least read how to do it and figure it out yourself) instead of having to take a couple of days in order to figure out how to do it. Like the Dragon event enigma was just ridiculous.

I'm so bored of events, especially now that they are the same thing, 24/7. I miss the days where an event lasted a month, had a few months in-between to just play regular, and look forward to what the next event will be/play out. Yeah, I enjoy getting titles....but we shouldn't have to play 24/7 in order to get them. Cream's comment - "If you have to rely on 24/7 events to make your game remotely fun, there is clearly a problem that needs to be fixed."
    In reply to that, why not make a specific "event" module, that way those who enjoy the many events can go there and play them and get the titles? Or, as previously mentioned, make the smaller events Vanilla rooms only. I think the most fun players had were between 2010-2015, when the events were Valentine's day, Easter, Summer event, Halloween, Christmas, and whatever else were in between. That way, there's at least a month or two to calm down from the event and actually have fun.

I'd like to add more, but I just woke up and am having a hard time thinking. Lol. ;)

Dboomwooty and Creammouse like this.
  17. Vinxa

Vinxa Newbie Mouse

Having time between events makes them more exciting. I think the length is okay because some people are busy and go away during holidays for weeks at a time. We should have only a few a year so they are rarer and to make up for the long length of the events.

I agree with this. I think it would be nice to have a balance of enigmas/simpler events to keep things interesting though.

18. Dboomwooty

have no fun-crew member seen this or something, this is a legitimate issue with the game smh

19. Lamay

Lamay Anvil God's Follower
    AnvilGod's Follower (Lv: 2)

I'm tired of events, one event finishes then another starts

20. Samdekoala

Samdekoala Rookie

I like the events, but I it is annoying that some events stay longer, for example the christmas events