1. Hello, have you changed your nickname on A801 and want to change it here as well? Contact your community minimod about it.
    Dismiss Notice

Staff Thread Let's discuss the forum future!

Discussion in 'Anvil God Discussion' started by Naiyme, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Naiyme

Naiyme BR Minimod & Sentinel
    AG Minimod

A month ago I sent a message to Juju talking about an idea I had to help with the forum lack of activity. After joining the staff, I saw how there was an on-going discussion about it.

I just simply copy and pasted everything to show everyone how raw this idea still is. The focus here is to share it with you guys, so that we can discuss together about it. We wan't to know whether if you guys would participate or not, if it's a really good or a really shitty idea, what you guys would change about it etc etc and etc.

Long texts ahead, be aware. ;u

Staff discussion about it (open)

TL;DR

• We wan't to create something similar to a contest. Staff & members would work on ways to advertise the site, and after reaching a certain number of new members we would award the ones who helped the most.
    • Meanwhile, what do you guys think about coming back with interviews?
    Something I'd like to add: a lot of you talk about how the site needs a leaderboard and other stuff we used to have back on CFM, and our (wonderful) dev team is already working on that.

2. Honorabilis

Honorabilis Shaman

Thanks, I'll think for this.

Naiyme likes this.
  3. Haruhitastic

Haruhitastic Cheese Lover

Will offer a more proper reply later but consider the term "Ambassador," given that "Helper" is taken and "Volunteer" seems silly sounding. Ambassador fits in my opinion.

Jujubitz, Naiyme and Pegasusxox like this.
  4. Coralbee

Coralbee « ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ᴇɴ ᴍɪɴɪᴍᴏᴅ » ♛
    AG Minimod

at this point, i think people will eventually start to appreciate the work that you staff members are going thru to make this whole thing thrive again
    i am, so tyvm for the effort yes!!

the ideas sound pretty good, particularly about the part where people get prizes for inviting others and stuff
    i dont think you’ll have to be too worried about finding an amazing artist willing to create art for people as prizes, but you’ll probs have to think about the commissions and everything to do with that
    gotta make some sort of business plan if y’all are gunna go through with that

interviews are gr8 omg, add them back in YES

also this! ^^^^ or if you can, why not just get the whole helper team to participate in this???

i also think that if you guys are planning to make member/population goals then you all gotta make sure that the goals aren’t too high to start off with bc as far as i know, only around 10-30 people are actually active on this compared to the amount of total members y’all actually have
    imo it’d be good to get the minimod stuff underway before pursuing this bc it’s most likely gonna get real hectic along the way

after that, y’all should advertise everywhere about this announcement so you could get more active participants to help out with this?

i just woke up and i’m hella drowsy so if these things dont make sense then i’ll come back to it later on when i’m fully awake yes

Jujubitz and Naiyme like this.
  5. Caseyanthony

Caseyanthony Shaman of the Anvil God

i like the idea of interviews i have so much to say given how i bring the forums together :)

Naiyme and Jujubitz like this.
  6. Pegasusxox

Pegasusxox Elisah's Devoted
    Devoted to Elisah (Lv: 2)

I think 2324 members are enough because more members would cause more spams and be exactly same with A801 (which i hate)

I know many people will disagree with me but i like anvil god with less crowd

Jujubitz likes this.
  7. Caseyanthony

interviews should be about interesting and intelligent people like me

Jujubitz likes this.
  8. Jujubitz

Jujubitz Pink minimod
    AG Administrator Devoted to Elisah (Lv: 4)

I just want to thank you people for the replies, I'll give a proper answer to everyone later

Naiyme likes this.
  9. Coralbee

AG Minimod

ye, it feels comfortable so i get what you mean
    but the whole point of this thread was to find ways to make the forum thrive so that it’s not just us leftovers (i seriously dont wanna offend anyone here so pls dont b offended :( ) rummaging thru broken pieces of treasure

spam in any forums are pretty much unavoidable, it’s why there are staff forum members to prevent that from happening- its what theyre working on right now in order to prepare for this
    the more effective the staff, the less spam you’ll most likely see
    plus, more people to have pokewars with how does that not sound fun

Haruhitastic, Naiyme and Pegasusxox like this.
  10. Pegasusxox

Yeah you're right staff members can easily delete spams and other things like this but

I don't want cringy users in anvil god because they post stupid ideas, have stupid conversations etc. (someone can say how do you know that you don't do these things lol you're right but i think i don't)
    And staff can't do anything for these because these posts don't count as spam

So, i think the purpose should be keeping the members we have more active, not earning new members

But i will totally understand who disagrees with me because my opinion is too personal

11. Caseyanthony

if you have a problem with "cringy" users block them instead of outright banning everybody who does not adhere to your arbitrary sense of what is cringy and what is not cringy
    this forum needs new members to thrive
    closing off registration to new members just because we are afraid of differing opinions is just going to make us look like hostile snowflakes

Drgenius, Alyyyyyyy, Naiyme and 3 others like this.
  12. Haruhitastic

Yeah, there's two thousands members, but out of those how many are active? Not that many.
    And as stated, yes, there is a block system; and you should consider using it for those "cringy" users rather than cutting off potential revenue from AG's owners. It's selfish of you to even think that.

If Helpers are in the same situation as they were before, they're not necessarily part of AG/CFM and therefore aren't required to even use it, nonetheless advertise it (hence why there's so few Helpers running around here).
    Helpers main goal is to help with questions, not advertise. Jordy and Shamousey are working on restructuring them as well and shouldn't merge the two together in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind shelling out a little cash for Steam games or various online gift cards by the way for prizes.

Pegasusxox, Naiyme and Coralbee like this.
  13. Seepo

Seepo ♥Shinobi EN Minimod♥
    AG Minimod

This seems like a great idea to help the site grow! If the artwork thing is a potential prize, I'd love to help out with that if you need artists hehehehe
    Anyway, I'm hoping if this actually is to happen, we get a lot of people to participate and help get new members.

Also I love the idea of interviews! I miss those on cfm

Naiyme likes this.
  14. Coralbee

AG Minimod

oh coralbee wonders if there are going to be roles/ranks or something for 'interviewers' if that's ever gonna happen?? maybe you could get volunteers or create an application process and stuff for those that want to interview other people instead of just leaving it to a certain person to do all the work
    themoreranksthebetterhehehe

15. Caseyanthony

i want boldband to interview people

Coralbee likes this.
  16. Jujubitz

Jujubitz Pink minimod

I agree, ambassador does sounds better.

I don't know much about the helpers & their current situation, but if it's as Haru said maybe it would be better to not involve the helper's team on this (unless they want to).

Yep, we know that there will be this "activity problem". Even if we set a goal for 200 new members, best case scenario there will be 20 that are actually active. Unfortunately, that's inevitable, however at least there will be new active members (but that's just the way I see it). I think that all we can do is try our best to make a new member stay, avoiding that someone will only open the site, take a look at it and then close it, never to come back again :,).

Does everyone think that 5000 is too high for a start? (obvious question is obvious)
    What would you guys suggest?
    I think that's something we could do with former CFM users that still don't know about AG (believe me there are a lot of them), perhaps they would be interested in helping out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    not gonna lie, inevitably there will be new users that are a pain in the ass
    But you know, that's actually something nice. I mean, they are also part of the forum afterall, and it's basically what everyone said: we want AG to thrive and you can always block people that you consider annoying. :p

Being honest with you, I'm kinda embarrassed to ask for members to give out real cash in order to help us, so I strongly believe that's something that us (staff) should do. But if you, or anyone, wants to help with it, no problem at all!

Anyone who wants to help is welcomed <3

We usually used a "fixed format" for interviews, with the same questions and stuff, so it wasn't really any trouble that required a lot of people to help. But yeh, who knows, maybe we could ask if anyone would like to help and simply randomly choose the ones that "applied", I dunno.

Seepo, Pegasusxox and Naiyme like this.
  17. Haruhitastic

I didn't say y'all asked I literally volunteered it!!! Don't you worry.

Also back with CFM interviews, staff did them. Unsure if you wanna continue that format.

5,000 new members I assume, right? That could be a long term goal but for a short term, no. 500 or 1,000 maybe.

Naiyme and Jujubitz like this.
  18. Jujubitz

Jujubitz Pink minimod

Yeah, I haven't really thought through this yet

I remember that there was two types of interviews, 1 where we PMd the person with all the questions they had to answer and then simply created a thread with their answers, and the other (I think it was called CFM.fm) where we created a thread with some basic questions (what was their name, age etc) and then the users would comment any other questions they wanted to ask to the member. I think the latter is more interesting tbh

Haruhitastic, Naiyme and Fbbtk like this.
  19. Pegasusxox

That was a huge laugh

Jujubitz likes this.
  20. Jujubitz

Jujubitz Pink minimod

It was an accurate reaction of when I read your post for the first time, sorry. :p

Pegasusxox likes this.