1. Hello, have you changed your nickname on A801 and want to change it here as well? Contact your community minimod about it.
    Dismiss Notice

Staff Thread Let's discuss the forum future!

Discussion in 'Anvil God Discussion' started by Naiyme, Oct 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jujubitz

Jujubitz Pink minimod AG Administrator Devoted to Elisah (Lv: 4)

By the way, how do you guys think we should choose people for a interview? Like, first we interview a a801 mod/sent, then we interview a member from AG?
    Also, thinking about it, "live" interviews could be a problem depending on the person's free time & time zone.

2. Caseyanthony

Caseyanthony Shaman of the Anvil God

put it to a vote for the staff and people like helpers

3. Jujubitz

what about you guys we gotta interview you people too
    at least that's the way I see it

4. Coralbee

Coralbee Atelier801 ID: #0000 « ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ᴇɴ ᴍɪɴɪᴍᴏᴅ » ♛ AG Minimod

That was generally what CFM.fm was for
    That way, anyone who wanted to be interviewed were all given a chance so long as they were willing to wait a while for their turn
    Cfm.fm for normal players would be a lot more organised and less messy to deal with as well- plus, it'd be much more enjoyable if cfm.fm came back to life!!

5. Caseyanthony

interview our cute moderators first :3
    none of us are more important than the wonderful people who graciously dedicate their time to run this forum

Jujubitz, Naiyme and Seepo like this.
  6. Jujubitz

...sure pal if u say so
    But for real rn, we could alternate between Mods/Sentinels, Users/Helpers and AG Staff.
    Like, first we interview a official mod or sentinel, then we interview a helper, then a user, than a AG staff and so on

or we interview someone who is mod and helper at the same time, then interview a user and then AG staff etc etc etc etc
    idk just throwing random ideas here to avoid leaving a group out of it

7. Caseyanthony

interview coralbee first

Coralbee and Jujubitz like this.
  8. Jujubitz

Ops missed your post
    Yeah but as pointed out before, AG isn't big enough for a CFM.fm yet

So, just to wrap things up:
    1- We are going to look for official mods/sents/helpers from the EN community (?) to interview first. I was wondering if it would be more fun to interview more than 1 person at the same time.

2- Initially, interviews are either going to be livestream based or through discord voice chat; if it works out we can keep it as default.

3- We usually split questions in 3 categories depending on who is being interviewed. Since it will be a mod, there are going to be personal questions (6), mod questions (6) and random questions (10 or 15). My idea is to create new questions every new interview we make so that we won't always stick with the same old thing (doesn't necessarily mean we won't repeat some of them though).

Does anyone have anything else to add?

9. Caseyanthony

i have nothing to add

Verorina, Naiyme, Seepo and 1 other person like this.
  10. Anomunus

Anomunus Shaman

the forum's future is non-existent if you want to be realistic

RE: cfm.fm
    we actually tried to get this off the ground earlier this year but it ended up being a non-starter because cynnabun died :( and it looks like this attempt died too lmao

11. Jujubitz

Didn't die, everyone is just really busy with holidays/new year. Things should go back to normal in january.

12. Haruhitastic

Haruhitastic Cheese Lover

yall shouldve communicated that. i think this is something ive talked about before.

13. Jujubitz

The discussion moved to the Interviews thread. I was going to post more about it there when I got home this week (am currently traveling), since by the time we we were waiting for Vulli's answer it was almost christmas, so everyone (and by everyone I also include the interviewed ones) probably forgot about it for being busy with the holidays.

Naiyme likes this.
  14. Caseyanthony

that is okay jujubitz not everybody can dedicate their time to making the forums great again like our great staff can

15. Jujubitz

Super small update with things that I might have already mentioned before but I'm not sure:

It seems that we'll be able to announce the forum on the BR community on a801 (still not 100% sure though), which is awesome news since a bunch of BR folks still think CFM is around, lol. Also, apparently BR isn't the only forum that has a subsection just to announce fansites? We've been working on the wiki PT translation (kinda stopped but we'll retake it this week) in order to make the site fit in the a801 rules. I believe we might contact the translators team later to expand the number of languages translated (at least that's what I plan to do).

Regarding AGF/ED and why it's taking so long to work, there is this (actually quite simple) feature where members will be redirected to a page where they will be able to choose between AGF or ED. Thing is that the code still needs to be reviewed & we plan to let the helpers test it before making it public just to make everything is fully functional.

(also, remember a time ago when someone suggested AG to work kinda as the Helper's HQ? So, the site already is that)

And finally, about the interview: we already have some questions set but if I recall correctly they're in portuguese so rip gonna have to translate 'em all. Shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 days until we've got everything set, though. Then we'll send them to Secretive.
    ~there might also be a surprise for you guys

There are other things I wish I could mention but they are Classified™, so I guess that's all, folks.

edit: Nope, I lied, just remembered that we'll also create a few discord chat rules since our discord channel is a mess.

Cyclonies, Naiyme, Mindedly and 2 others like this.
  16. Coralbee

Coralbee Atelier801 ID: #0000 « ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ᴇɴ ᴍɪɴɪᴍᴏᴅ » ♛ AG Minimod

woot advertisements yes !

coralbee was wondering if the quotes and leaderboards are being worked on
    will there b a new map area as well
    i could probably check and find out but lazyminimodu ehehe pls ;w;

Jujubitz likes this.
  17. Jujubitz

With this classified™ thing the devs are working on I believe leaderboards, quotes and other stuff might have been postponed a bit.

18. Caseyanthony

secretive made me change my name how can you trust them but i am happy we can advertise this forum to more beautiful brazilians
    next on the agenda should be unbanning me from the discord

Jujubitz likes this.
  19. Jujubitz

As we create the discord rules, we'll discuss about a "ban reset". Maybe that would be fairer.

20. Caseyanthony

a ban reset would be great i hope wingedmousie can come back