1. Hello, have you changed your nickname on A801 and want to change it here as well? Contact your community minimod about it.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion remove "Anvil God's Followers VS Elisah's Devoted"

Discussion in 'AnvilGod Bugs and Suggestions' started by Katehh, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Katehh

Katehh Cheese Lover

people are just shitting up this website with discussionless posts trying to get these perks. make an alternative way to achieve them, or change the requirements.

2. Cynnabun

Cynnabun Forum Expert

If people spam the forum with low quality posts in an attempt to get closer to these, they will not be allowed the perks. If you see people doing this, please report them so it helps us keep the forum stable.

However, this is a valid suggestion - if this becomes too much of an issue, we can possibly rework it into something. We'd love to hear your suggestions on other options since it is limited on a forum, and likes are equally as hazardous to deal with, if not more.

Katehh and Rattydinh like this.
  3. Lillyla

Lillyla Professional Mouse

the conversation thread is basically used by people to rack up their post count so they could join the secret club as fast as possible

4. Cynnabun

Cynnabun Forum Expert

I definitely took note of that and mentioned it to the others. If there's particular users that become repeat offenders, we have the option to take away their rights from AGF and ED so they don't get the perks they're attempting to spam for.

Katehh likes this.
  5. Lillyla

you could basically use members list to check people with highest post count and see half of their useless ass replies

also make the requirements for the club not post or like counts but something else (i dont know what though). because by that you're telling them to shitpost more so they can be part of Secret Snowflake Club, it doesnt really tell them to be active and be part of the forums

6. Caninevomit

Honestly I just want the page edit thing. The secret forums could potentially be a threat since it's practically .. undocumented? Or suggest removing the posts from counting in the conversations to prevent farming.

I have been trying to refrain from spamming the forums and have instead been taking part in other forum posts.

7. Frozenjord

Frozenjord Beretta 9mm

>refrain from spamming the forums
    >has been spamming since they joined the forums
    >taking part in other forum posts by posting their own art in another artists thread, replies to comments in art threads when its not their art thread

upside down question marks

Katehh likes this.
  8. Caninevomit

I haven't been spamming wdym.

I was at the beginning until I read the rules lmfao?

Plus I deleted those comments and apologized. You sure love holding grudges don't you.
    There's a difference between being active on the forums more than you and spamming.
    If I were spamming from the beginning to now, I would've most likely been banned at this point.

This topic does qualify for targetting since it was made after you guys started to bash on me for being highly active in the forums.

Yes I do agree to somewhat spamming in the first 250 messages, but there's literally no point to spamming any more. Having a conversation with someone isn't spamming.

This is ridiculous to be starting an argument over numbers on a screen.

#8 Caninevomit, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  9. Fangirls

Fangirls Elisah's Devoted
    Devoted to Elisah (Lv: 1)

but the messages in conversation shouldnt automatically be looked at as spam unless someone in that thread is typing "ajdsalnds" between posts and admitting they just want their message count up :/ the reason the thread is there IS to have conversation so of course it'll be active and someone may be on it a long time but if theyre contributing to the convo or just talking to someone it shouldnt be seen as spam...

unless they should implement something where you cant get your message count up by talking on the conversation thread like they did to the forum games section if that's possible

10. Hallucination

Hallucination Forum Expert

Maybe the same rules that apply to becoming moderation on here should be the same rules that apply towards having perks?

11. Fangirls

what are the rules that apply to becoming moderation? can you link me to that thread please? :p

12. Lillyla

i dont think there is one but
    use this as an example

13. Fangirls

Show Spoiler
    "How to become a mod

- Conduct yourself in a mature fashion at all times.
    - Make quality posts. Quality over quantity.
    - Start interesting threads that attract people to post in them.
    - Be active and helpful in the community.
    - Make friends with other members.
    - Report posts that break the rules or don't add any value to a discussion.
    - Go above and beyond. The more your contributions make you stand out from the average user, the better chance you have to become a moderator.
    - Be patient. Don't expect that to do all this then magically one month later become a mod."

if this is what grincreep meant by having the rules of becoming a mod apply to perks than thats a great idea! it will lessen the chance of people who just spam to get in for the sake of wanting to get in
    but if they don't want to do that maybe they really should disable the convo thread being a way to get your message count up (i hope that's possible though, if it's not then that's understandable)

14. Hallucination

Here! Scroll down to misc faqs! I really think these rules should apply to perks. If not, there would be so many undeserving people of perks.

15. Fangirls

yeah these rules would be great for setting a standard on how people can gain access to special perks and but one thing, how would moderators/admins be able to pick out users that have followed these rules? would they have to open an application for those that want access to these perks or do they just surf through accounts endlessly to find people that fit this criteria? it would be a lot of work unlike the message count thing because you would be automatically granted the ability to use the perks once you hit a certain message count instead of having to be approved

16. Hallucination

Well, admins and mods do keep an eye on everyone anyway to an extent, correct? And hope that the spammers and shitposters get reported. I would think that if they find certain people they enjoy who post quality over quantity, eventually those individuals would receive perks once they reach the amount of posts for each perk. I would assume that if an individual who receives perks starts spamming or shitposting, they would have the perks privileges removed.

17. Trocaddero

Trocaddero Beretta 9mm

I think the title should be changed to improve, instead of remove.

I think it should stay as it is atm to see how it's going, then maybe the requirements can be adjusted a bit. I'll think at some a bit later! Either way, this is a nice method to make players more active. I can't wait to get that

no, I'm not gonna spam for it BAHAHA

18. Fangirls

ooh i see what you mean! that's a good idea, thank you for the clarification :p they should probably look into doing something like this to lessen the chance of just giving perks to those undeserving like you have stated before

19. Faierey

Faierey Retired Staff ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭

Hi everyone!!! We have noticed there are a considerable amount of users who aren't posting things that contribute to the forum/have discussion value and we have spoken about possibly disabling the conversation thread's post count.
    Also as some of you have noted/suggested, we will be revoking the perks of being an AGF or ED if a user chooses to continuously spam to get up to 1,000 messages.
    Overall, we have been discussing this topic often and are finding out ways to improve the requirements! We will post further updates soon.

20. Fangirls

YES!!! i was just talking about how the conversation thread posts shouldnt count as message posts since its an easy way to rank up with out contributing anything to the site. thank you for reaching out and listening, looking forward to the next updates! :D